Watch my latest video on how you can make your website better equipped with the right stuff and increase its effectiveness!
Here are 5 marketing secrets that will make your website more effective
- Less = More – when you build a website or design a website you want it to be straightforward, have good visual appeal, and have your copy or text on the page, concise and direct. Do not make it super lengthy, I guarantee you, most people won’t read it. We live in a time where we want information quick and accessible and if we can’t find what we’re looking for in a short amount of time then we leave to go find our answers somewhere else. So make sure you’re clear and concise with your text.
- Make the design and functionality of your website user-friendly. The better you can make your website easy to navigate, typically the longer someone will stay on your website and keep searching, which is good for the search engine algorithm to rank your site higher. The min length you want your visitors to stay on your site is 1 min 30 sec. Anything lower than that is hurting your site. So focus on making it easy to navigate and easy to find exactly what your target audience is looking for.
- When it comes to your web pages you need to have a single goal and maximize a call to action that is the same on every page. You want to be very clear about what you want your visitors to do. So don’t mess up by having several different types of call to action on each page. Consistency is what helps your marketing funnel/flow and gets your visitors to take the actions that you want them to take. If you don’t know or haven’t built the journey you want your customers to take, then they’re just as misguided and confused as you are. So focus on your top goal that will increase your ROI and sales, and I promise you’ll see an increase in productivity through your website! Whether it’s a button, link, video, or even a chatbot, it all comes down to the strategy of instructing them to take the same action over and over again. It takes the average person 7 times to remember something, so make sure that as they go through your website that you’re giving them the same call to action so that’s all they think about and end up doing!
- Make sure to tell your story and share all about you in an exciting way! People are drawn to stories and connect with a business or person much more when you find ways to connect with them via video, text, or images. The whole flow of how you can connect with your audience is following these three easy steps: 1. Hook, 2. Story, 3. Offer. You can learn more about this flow in some other content that I’ll have available. Just make sure that you’re putting appealing to your audience in a way that captures their attention to help them remember you. As I mentioned earlier, it takes 7 times on average for someone to remember your business. So make sure that each time they encounter your business that you make it count! Do this by keeping it interesting and not just putting plain old boring content on your website that won’t help attract them and remember your story!
- Lastly, like a car you have to take it in every so often to get it an oil change, tires rotated, or even tuned to keep it running in tip-top shape! At least you’re supposed to be doing all that! It is the same thing with websites. If you don’t have someone go in and make sure things are running properly and well-tuned for the number of visitors you receive, well then it’s gonna get a little sluggish! not to mention when you do updates to your website, search engines take notice and reward you for keeping it up to date by ranking you higher. And there ain’t nothing wrong with that! My recommendation that I have is for you to have software that does some daily lifting to make sure it performs well, and to have your website checked every 3-6 months to make sure everything is updated and working flawlessly. As far as your design and making the necessary changes you need to target your audience better, you should get your front-end design maintenance every year or two. If you have a brand new website that you’ve built I suggest that you do very careful analysis to make sure that you’re getting the results you need. If you have a website that is a little older but has been dialed into catering to your target audience, I suggest design changes to keep it up to date every 5 or so years.
With technology changing every day, you want to make sure that you’re ahead of the game and always catering your online presence to your target audience! For more helpful tips, tricks, and even resources on how to improve your marketing as a business or as a professional career, subscribe to my channel! I look forward to seeing you next time and giving you the marketing solutions you need to be successful. Cheers!